Monday, February 3, 2014

February 3, 2014

FAAAAMILY!!

Well...We didn't baptize this week. Waste of a week. Well...not entirely. We did get some people a little closer to being baptized, so...that's a win!

I have to do the shout out to all you Seahawks fans. I'm not so excited for you all as I am for the lack of a win for Denver. I knew that if Denver won, I would never hear the end of it from Dad...now that they lost...well, Dad knows that he'll never hear the end of it from me! So...Good work, Seahawks! Just...don't be as good next year! It's time for the Dolphins to take it again!!! But I've got plenty of time to worry about that in the future!

Well, this week I actually had a funny experience. Well...I had many, but I only remember one. Lately everything that I do as far as keeping a history has gone dramatically downhill. I still write in my journal every night, but normally it's just a few lines and nothing else. I just want to baptize! But...anyways. We were at an investigators house, and she had a question about hell. She doesn't want to be baptized because she says that she's already been baptized twice! Once for the Catholics, and once for the Evangelicals. Well, she wanted to know if hell was actually fire and brimstone with people screaming in agony for the rest of eternity. I can't remember what scripture we read her, but it explained how that that won't actually be the case, it will just be our own guilt and our own shame that will make it like that. She said, "So...there's no fire? No brimstone?" When we answered, "Well...not technically." And she sighed a big old sigh and said, "Ooooookay. I'm good then! I don't need to get baptized!" So...that didn't really serve the purpose we wanted it to!

Well...I'm just out of pertinent things to talk about! I've got...four weeks left! This week I go to El Lago to be with Elder Robinson for a week, and next week I'll be back in Linda Vista for two weeks again! Then I'll come back to El Lago to die with Elder Peterson, one of my best friends who I came into the mission with. Love that guy. Then, I'll be back in Linda Vista for three days until that fateful Wednesday!

Love you all. Have a wonderful week. Remember, there is ABSOLUTELY NOTHING more important in this life than being a faithful, CONSECRATED servant of the Lord. I want you all to look up the word consecration and learn more about it in the scriptures. It is such an amazing thought, an amazing principle. For those of you who have gone through the temple, go again, and study it in the Celestial room. I promise you will learn things you never knew before. I did that during the last Christmas activity when we went to the temple, and it was an amazing experience for me. I love being a missionary, and I am SO grateful that I have these last four weeks in my mission to become a truly consecrated, converted servant of God before I can really start my life. I wish everyone could have the experience I've had here, see the things I've seen here, and lived the things I've lived here. I guess only returned missionaries really understand the depth of gratitude that I feel for the past two years of my life, and I've got four more weeks to make it all worth it.

Love you all. Have a wonderful week. Take this week to CHANGE something. Don't let life happen to you, be the thing that changes in your life. Please pray for me, pray for my investigators, pray for the Guatemala City Central mission, that we can reach our goal of 400 people being baptized in the month of March, that we can have 800 investigators attending on the 16th of this month. There is really nothing more important in my life right now.

This is a really cheesy email, but honestly...it's what I've got in mind right now. Love you all. Have a wonderful week, and I'll talk to you soon!
Love,
Elder Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment