Hello fambam!
Well, it was a good week here in Linda Vista! Things are starting to heat up here as Guatemala gets ready for it's "spring" which is really pretty much all year round, but...it gets hot in April, and then it starts to rain, so as you all enjoy the snow at home, just know that it's 80 degrees here. :) I'll enjoy it while I can. I'm sure I'll be shivering when I get home.
Well, it was a good week here in Linda Vista! Things are starting to heat up here as Guatemala gets ready for it's "spring" which is really pretty much all year round, but...it gets hot in April, and then it starts to rain, so as you all enjoy the snow at home, just know that it's 80 degrees here. :) I'll enjoy it while I can. I'm sure I'll be shivering when I get home.
We had some pretty funny experiences this week. We had an
appointment with a guy named Rene. It was going to be a second lesson, and the
first lesson wasn't anything spectacular. Well, we knocked on the door, and mom
came out who has a little preschool in her garage. She said that he wasn't
here, so we stepped away and called him on our phone that the whole mission now
gets to carry (We've entered into the 21st century!). Well, he answered the
phone, and a split second before I heard him say, "Alo" in my earpiece,
I heard him say it through his window in his front room. I asked him if he was
in his house, and his answer was, "No...I'm not there! Sorry!" Then I
told him that yes he was! I could hear him talking through his window! From
that point on all I heard was rustling around, and he hung up. How embarasing!
But I thought it was pretty funny.
We have a guy that we're teaching named Francisco. He's a really good guy, and we want to baptize him before I go, the only little thing is that he's not married! So, we took a member from the ward, a guy that is very known for being SUPER forward, and somewhat offensive about things. He's a nice guy, but juuuust a little straightforward. Well, we got into the lesson, and he took over like some members tend to do. He told the guy, "Look...we're going to talk man to man here just a little bit. I want to be completely honest. Want to know why you should get married? The reason you should get married is because until you do, your children are BASTARDS." And he said it just like that! Nice and upfront! I was SUPER worried that the guy would get really offended, but he just sort of nodded his head in agreement, and said, "you're right...I need to get married." I was just flabbergasted! I couldn't believe my ears! This guy had just called his childern bastards, and he was agreeing with him! But...I guess you can say some pretty strong things when the spirit is there!
Well, time is runing short. I love you all, and I can't wait to see you in just a few weeks! Keep praying for me that I can baptize one more time before I go home...I definitely need the extra help, and I KNOW that the prayers of you guys can make the difference!
We have a guy that we're teaching named Francisco. He's a really good guy, and we want to baptize him before I go, the only little thing is that he's not married! So, we took a member from the ward, a guy that is very known for being SUPER forward, and somewhat offensive about things. He's a nice guy, but juuuust a little straightforward. Well, we got into the lesson, and he took over like some members tend to do. He told the guy, "Look...we're going to talk man to man here just a little bit. I want to be completely honest. Want to know why you should get married? The reason you should get married is because until you do, your children are BASTARDS." And he said it just like that! Nice and upfront! I was SUPER worried that the guy would get really offended, but he just sort of nodded his head in agreement, and said, "you're right...I need to get married." I was just flabbergasted! I couldn't believe my ears! This guy had just called his childern bastards, and he was agreeing with him! But...I guess you can say some pretty strong things when the spirit is there!
Well, time is runing short. I love you all, and I can't wait to see you in just a few weeks! Keep praying for me that I can baptize one more time before I go home...I definitely need the extra help, and I KNOW that the prayers of you guys can make the difference!
Have a great week!
Elder Hopper
Elder Hopper
No comments:
Post a Comment