So, I need to make amends for last week. I complained about the green apple skittles. I was just SO wrong. I hadn't tried them, I was young, and confused...I'm sorry if I offended anybody. I no longer miss the lemon lime. Green apple, you are welcome in my heart for as long you desire to be there. Te amo.
Ok...with my repentance process begun, it had been a good
week! This week, we start the month of June...the month of milagros! We have a
goal as a mission of 315 baptisms! That'd be a new record! WE SHALL DO IT!!!
But...we need your prayers!!! So...help us out!
So, this week was my birthday! I am now 23 years old! I'm an
oooooold man for a missionary! We figured out today that the majority of
gringos in my mission were freshman when I was graduating high school. Weeeird.
But, to begin my birthday, Lainey's little pen pal, Kimberly, who is the
daughter of the lady who makes us lunch and washes our clothes, called me at
TWELVE THIRTY IN THE MORNING!!! I tried to be kind and cordial over the phone,
but what with it being midnight and all...well...I just hope I succeeded. I
celebrated with a LOT of cake. It was nice. The people here celebrated it more
than the people back home! But with this year, my baggy year in the mission
begins! I have completed my black year now! But...still not baggy. Sorry.
So, I heard about the tornadoes in Oklahoma. Want to know
how I found out? Well...we went to the Monzon home, the house of those three
little girls I baptized. They asked me, "Hey...did you hear about the HUGE
earthquake in Oregon?!?! It was GIANT!!! Destroyed EVERYTHING!!!" I was
like...um...no! When did it happen?! They told me it had happened the day before...that
it lasted 16 minutes, and there were a BUNCH of deaths and destruction.
Well...needless to say, I was preeeeetty nervous. They then told me that they
had a newspaper that told all about it. I told them to bring it to me RIGHT
NOW!!! So, when I read it, I realized that they had mixed up an EARTHQUAKE in
OREGON with a TORNADO in OKLAHOMA. So...I breathed a big sigh of relief. I was
about ready to call my mission president to have him get in touch with my
family to make sure they were all ok!!!
We had some random Gringo show up at our ward this week. His
name was Jeff. He served in Spain about five years ago. He is working with some
humanitarian joint here. He was a pretty cool guy. But, taking advantage of the
fact that he was here, staying in the house of some members, we asked if he
wanted to come out and do divisions with us that night! He readily agreed. We
were pretty stoked. But, at the end of church, he came up to me rather timidly,
and asked, in English so no one else would understand, "So...I'm all over
doing divisions, but...am I going to be safe?" I have to tell you...I
tried VERY hard not to laugh. I understand, though. With the stories that he
had heard, and how Guatemala is...I get it. But it was just funny. I had to
reassure him that in almost 15 months, I'd never been shot, shot at, robbed, or
beaten. He felt better after that, and we had some really successful divisions!
Well...thanks for putting up with another week of Elder Hopper 2's emails! Hope to see you next week! Same bat time, same bat channel!
Love,
Elder Hopper 2
Well...thanks for putting up with another week of Elder Hopper 2's emails! Hope to see you next week! Same bat time, same bat channel!
Love,
Elder Hopper 2
P.S...THANK YOU OLIVIA HUSKEY FOR THE ONLY QUOTE THAT I
RECEIVED FROM ANYONE!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment