So...something fun happened this week. I
saw luciƩrnagas for the first time. Or, roughly translated,
FIREFLIES!!! I had NEVER EVER seen them in my entire life before! And there
were a TON! It was like CHRISTMAS!!!!!! But...it wasn't really THAT exciting. I
tried to catch one in my hands. It died. Que triste.
Dad...I have decided another kid experiment that we need to
do. I volunteer my second born. We just have to get my wife on board with it. I
want to know if a person could walk on his hand as well as he can walk on his
feet. If we just train him from newborn, I think it could be done! WE MUST
TRY!!!!
So, the phone call was a BLAST! Thanks everyone that was there! I had a TON of fun! It was interesting to me the difference between this year and last year! Last year, I hung up, and just wanted to go and cry. Thankfully, I went after my comp last year, so we could just get out and work. But the lesson after that, I remember I just wanted to cry the entire time. This year, though, I went before my companion, and after my phone call, I wrote in my journal for a few minutes while my comp called, then went and fell asleep on my bed for a half an hour till he finished! Funny how much a difference a year can make. And, one year more...funny how much difference THAT year will make. Scary.
Had another earthquake scare this week. This one was a REAL
scare. We were in a part of our area that is literally situated on a cliffside.
Like...there are just a boatload of houses carved into the hillside. Well...we
were teaching, and it started to shake. Also, this house is made out of adobe,
or dried mud. REALLY heavy, REALLY brittle, has a tendency of breaking during
earthquakes and killing people. Well, it started to shake, and I wasn't sure if
I was feeling it, or just being crazy. Then it started to shake harder. I
looked at my companion, then at the investigator, and said, "Esta
temblando." The investigator SPRINTED into the other room to collect his
young daughters, and my comp and I SPRINTED outside. Where we were headed, I
don't really know. We were on a mountainside after all. So, I just sort of
grabbed onto a nearby tree till it stopped shaking. It was super strong, but it
lasted a good 30 seconds. Scary stuff. But it ended, and we went on back inside
and finished the lesson. The Spirit was just SO POWERFUL!!!
So, I'm sticking around another change. I'll be here another
six weeks! And my companion is waiting for a VISA, so I might be involved in my
FOURTH STINKING EMERGENCY CHANGE in this SAME STINKIN AREA!!! But...I'm not
going to complain. I'm happy for my trials, and all the annoyances I have.
All in all, LOVE being a missionary!
Have a great week!
Love,
Elder Hopper
No comments:
Post a Comment