Sunday, March 25, 2012

March 24, 2012

Well hello there everyone! I keep hearing about nasty weather, and snow and rain at Lainey's games, so I just want you to know that looking outside right now it is....oh I'd say about 75 degrees and perfectly clear! :) Blessings!

Anywho...this week has been pretty good! After the first few days in the MTC, time starts to fly by! I can't believe I've already been here for three weeks! On Monday all of the Latinos and the Norteamericanos that were here three weeks before us will be leaving, so we're going to have the MTC to ourselves for a day! I'm pretty excited! But then we'll be the viejos! And we'll be expected to know everything...not so cool! But that's alright...I'll be released from my calling as District Leader, which I'm pretty happy about. It's too stressful here dealing with everyone elses problems! But I've got some pretty awesome news...we have two investigators! The whole kitchen staff, and all of the guards here are non members, most of them are catholic, but two of them are taking the lessons! A pair of nortes have been teaching a guy named Christian, and they are leaving, so they asked Elder Earl and I to teach him when they leave. So we just taught him about fifteen minutes before I got on here, and we just read from the BoM with him, and prayed and he commited to be baptized when he finds for himself that these things are true! We meet with him again on Wednesday...I'm excited! Then on Thursday, one of the teachers came up to Elder Earl and I during dinner and told us one of the cooks wants to learn more and asked if we would be able to teach him in like...fifteen minutes! So we did, and we're teaching him again on Monday...they both seem pretty open, but we'll see if they keep their commitments...that's the big thing!

The language is coming along great. I am SO blessed about it! Seriously, I don't know what I'd do without the gift of tongues...I have a testimony of it now for sure! Oh, by the way, we found TWO volleyballs last week, so guess what my planner looks like for Pday? Volleybally at eleven, volleyball at twelve, volleyball and one, and so on until six! That's a good day in my book! Also, my comp and I are working on my one ball...not a soul in the world can block that! ;)

Ok...so I want you to go to the book of Enos and read through it...it prophesies of my mission! I found it this week and I freaked out a little bit! It's so cool! We're literally fulfilling prophecies given to Book of Mormon prophets here! How cool is that?!

But other than that things are really good. I'm super excited to meet the new missionaries that are coming in, and I'm sad that I have to see some of my buddies go, but they're gonna be awesome in the field! I loved seeing those pictures of Adam, they seriously made my day! We're not allowed to take pictures here except for on P day, so I don't expect to have a ton of pictures until I get out to the field. We're not allowed to send them to anyone, either...the rules hgere are pretty strict. But when I get in the field I'll start pumping them to you!

I love you guys! Thanks for the prayers and the emails and the thoughts! Keep being awesome!

Love,
Elder Hopper #2

No comments:

Post a Comment