Saturday, March 17, 2012

March 17, 2012

Well hello there! I have SO MUCH to talk about! Sorry...the enter bar doesn´t work here, so you´re gonna have to deal with one reeeeally long paragraph. I´ll try and make it obvious when I want a space! Like right now!                                               So last week
right after I emailed you guys I got called to be District Leader...I really didn´t want to be anything, but what can we do? So about an hour or two after my District found out that I was District leader we were supposed to be going to do Service around the streets like we do every P day, and one of the Missionaries in my District, Elder Haefner decided that it would be prime time to puke a little bit! There are only four elders in my District along with five sisters (Estrogen overload) so I had to figure out a way to let Elder Haefner's comp go do serviced while he still had a comp, but I still wanted to go meet up with the group after I took care of Elder Haefner. Anyways. Long story short is that I didn´t get to do the service project. I was pretty bummed cuz I was really stoked to get out and do something! But such is the life. But I got to give him a blessing, which was pretty cool. In the last week I've had the opportunity to give FOUR blessings! Sheesh!  We had another sister in our District get sick about a day later, I was expecting an epidemic to break out, but thankfully only the two got sick. Sister Nikolayson (the MTC president's wife) was really worried, cuz I gues about six weeks ago they had a huge outbreak of some nasty sickness that got almost every single missionary here. But lots of prayer stopped that from happening, I think. Side note: Every P day they have a barbecue with hot dogs and hamburgesas and the like, and they're cooking it righrt outside the window. I am SO HUNGRY and I just want to stop typing and down six hot dogs, but patience brings blessings.
So as I think you know, my whole district came straight from home without any training in Spanish, or teaching, so it's been a rough week. They are having a really rough time with the language. Pretty much every day we have someone crying or someone really upset because they are already having us teach in the language. Which goes well and good until they ask us a question.
I'm incredibly blessed though, my comp Elder Earl and I are dong really well with it I think. I was absolutely blessed with the gift of tongues in the fact5 that I remember absolutely everything that I was taught two years ago! So my spanish is pretty conversational, so I have been able to help m,y District quite a bit. And Elder Earl is awesome at using what we're taught in class. I think he could be fluent a few weeks out into the field...the guy is a champ! I seriously love my comp! It hit me the other day though...Someday I'll actually make it out into the field and I'll get a different companion! The mission for me has always been in the MTC, so I just realized that I might get a comp that I have to live with solo and I might not like him! So I'm praying that no matter what happens, I can love my companion...we'll see what happens!
                     We got some pretty bad news last night. One of the Elders who got to go to the Provo MTC, Elder Buckley got the news that his dad passed away yesterday morning. He took it really well though. Our teacher came in and told us after our evening class last night, so our District went into their class and sang I know that my redeemer lives for him. We found out that we can sing a few days ago, so we're singing in church this week too as a District. But the Spírit was really strong. I'm pretty close with Elder Buckley, so I kind of struggled making it through the song, but I did it. Then when we finished singing they asked me to say a prayer. That was rough. But the Spirit was there again, which is the important part. Then about a half an hour later we found out that an Elder from Tonga, Elder Satini (who doesn´t speak English that well, but he's here learning Spanish...the guy is a STUD) went to get a chest X ray to see if he's got a disease that his Father and Sister died from. We hear today, so we're all kind of on the edge of our seats. Yesterday was a TERRIBLE day. But that's ok! You have to have to bad to know the good, right?!
And not all was bad. After class and planning and everything all of the Elders in both Districts got together and gave Elders Satini and Buckley blessings. That was powerful. It's amazing the love you get for someone who you've only known for a few weeks! I don't know what I'll do when we have to leave them to go to the field! No es bueno!
Like Elder Earl is going to the South mission! What is that crap?! Oh well...I'm sure I'll see him someday.
            Elder Earl and I got the chance to teach together this week too! Turns out we're pretty good together! Even in Spanish! We taught one time and the Spirit just wasn´t there, so that was a pretty crappy lesson. And really frustrating, but we taught on Thursday as well and had an awesome lesson. I can't wait to actually do it for real! Seriously...I'm tired of this MTC! But only five more weeks....I can do it! I think!                                     Well...I love
you guys! Thanks for all your prayers and thoughts, they mean a lot to
me!                                      Much love, Elder Hopper #2

No comments:

Post a Comment