Saturday, March 10, 2012

March 10, 2012

Well hello there!
So...here I am again! This MTC is AWESOME! Seriously, I love it here! Like I told you on Thursday, the MTC President changed, so I didn´t get my awesome greeting from him that I was hoping, but that is ok! The new President´s name is President Nikolayson, and he is from Kaizer! Or at least he lived there for a long time...My companion´s name is Elder Earl, and he is awesome! He played volleyball in High School, along with a sister (Sister Brown) that´s in our district! Guess what position they both were?! Setters! So...I´ve been slamming volleyballs every gym time since I´ve been here! But today during P-day we were playing and Elder Earl was trying to dig a spike and it went right over the fence! Goooooodbye to the volleyball! And they don´t have any others! Also, it´s not particularly easy to buy them down here without outside help! So...we´re kind of stuck playing basketball now. Lame.

I´ve been sick ever since I got here! I have a sore throat, and every time I breathe deeply I have a little coughing attack...it's really annoying! And late at night I get a headache from coughing so much...no bueno! But I'll live. I blame Lainey for giving it to me. ;) Is she any better now?

I´ve been so blessed with the language! It is so cool, I haven´t forgotten a single thing that I learned two years ago! I can pretty much converse with the Latinos here! And they´re all excited that a NorteAmericano can actually communicate with them...that´s pretty strange around here! But it´s been really really awesome! I´m learning a ton, and I hope that I can help my District...the church is trying a new thing where they send missionaries straigh here. So most of my District came straight from home! And the other district in the Zone went to the Provo MTC, but didn´t have any language training! What is that all about?! So...they all only have 6 weeks to learn Spanish! I´m hoping I can be a good tool for them...Heaven knows they have a long way to go! But I love them...my zone is awesome!

Well...I must be going now, I think I´ll go ahead and write the other Elder Hopper...because I can! I love you guys a ton! Feel free to send letters and other fun things! Love you!

Love,
Elder Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment