Thursday, January 23, 2014

January 23, 2014


Well...first thing is first...We baptized this week! It was a family that we had been teaching since before I got there, and they finally decided to get married and baptized because they knew that I was leaving! So...pretty excited about that one! La Familia Montufar! He is a member since eight, but went inactive, so we gave him the priesthood and that day he baptized her! We were pretty proud of that!
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 


Other than that, I got out of the coast! I feel bad for those missionaries who are there their entire missions! I was only there for two changes, and that was ENOUGH FOR ME! It is SO HOT there ALL THE TIME! So...I'm excited to be in the capital again where wind blows, and it gets cold at night! My first night here i was SHIVERING! It was great! I'm back in the same zone where I started my mission, Amatitlan! My second area was the neighboring ward to where I'm at right now, Linda Vista. I served in La Sonora! It's fun, because everyone still remembers me! So...to work here in the capital once again! With big wards, and small areas! I LOVE being back.

Yesterday we had an awesome experience. We got to go and see Elder Cook! From the twelve! All the missions from the capital were there, mission central, south, and east. It was a really cool experience. There were more than 700 missionaries in the room. Elder Cook reminded us that we are less than 1 percent of ALL the missionaries in the world that were gathered in that building. Honestly, I know this sounds cheesy, but...the Spirit there was SO strong. It was just testifying to us all day long that this man really was an Apostle of God. Well...he got in, and he told us that he wanted to shake each and every one of our hands! So, he and the other four area authorities who were with him all got in a line, and I got to shake Elder Cook's hand! That is the first time I've ever shaken an Apostle's hand! All of the four area authorities spoke, and then Sister Cook, then Elder Cook. Sister Cook was awesome. She had us sing put your shoulder to the wheel, while one section chanted, "Trabajar duro" And another section chanted "con fervor" I know it sounds weird, but with 700 ish missionaries, it really worked out awesome! Elder Cook talked about the importance of loving the people, and how we really can't achieve anything till we love the people we work for, and the improtance of developing Christ like attributes, but the thing that the Spirit made me most notice was something that one of the area authorities, Elder Amado, said. He said that our prayers need to be SACRED time. We really need to work on that! So...the Spirit beat me up a little bit on that, and now I'm fixing it! 

 

Other than that, I need to get four baptisms this change in order to meet my mission goal. Toooootally going to do it. I put this goal in my very first change, and I'm getting SOOOO close! 

 

Love you all! Have a good week! And...study the lesson for Priesthood and Relief Society this week! Do it! It will be good for you!

Love,
Elder Hopper

No comments:

Post a Comment