FAAAAMILY!!!
Why hello there! So...this is my very last week in the coast that I will ever have. My last change starts in a week, and I already know where I'm going, and who I'll be with (Which is REALLY strange...this VERY rarely happens) But I will be going back to my place of birth! Amatitlán! About two months ago in interviews with President Brough, I asked him if he could ask the Lord if it would be ok if I went back to Amatitlán to die...I guess He said yes! So...next Tuesday I'll be going to Amatitlán as a zone leader to begin my very last change as a missionary! Weeeeird...
So, one thing you can look forward to in the beginning of March is your life getting a LOT louder again. In the house that I'm in right now, there are four missionaries (One of something like four houses in the entire mission that are like that) Last week, we did divisions with another set of missionaries, so I went to the other area. When I got home, the next night, all the other three missionaries kept commenting on how QUIET the house was the night before! Nothing was going on! They were all bored! So...buckle up, boys and girls...the whirlwind hasn't changed, and he's coming back home!
Yesterday as a zone activity we went to Panajachel, my last
area! It was SO MUCH FUN!! I got to go and see the progress that they had made
on the church building that they had just begun construction on when I left,
and I saw a convert, and a few investigators, and I saw my last companion,
Elder Pinedo! That was a lot of fun to be able to see him again. Apparently he
is a baptizing MACHINE, and as his dad, I'm pretty proud of him! But...it was
just nice to go back! It is a place that I would recommend for ANYONE as a
vacation place. It's seriously one of the most beautiful places on the face of
the planet.
| I Love this place! |
|
Planking in Pana!
|
So, we have a road where we're somewhat famous. When we walk
down this road, all of the kids from the houses run out of their houses, and
call us, "Gemelos" or twins. They run after us and high five us.
Well, we were walking down that street last week, when all of the kids came out
again. Well...that wasn't super weird, so we started high fiving, joking around
like normal. A kid got in front of me, and started walking backwards, so I high
fived him, and waited for him to get out of the way so I could keep walking
fast, when he wound up and socked me RIGHT where it hurts! Just out of
NOWHERE!!! Well...that made me pretty upset, as you can imagine. So I grabbed
him by the collar and didn't let him go. By the time we were done with that
conversation, I think he understood the fact that punching perfect strangers is
something that you just shouldn't do. All his friends thought it was hilarious,
too...but I doubt they'll be doing that to me any time soon after seeing the
yelling at his little friend got. They weren't laughing towards the end.
We'll be having a baptism this weekend! A guy named Eligio!
He is SO pilas! We are pretty excited for him. I realized that on these emails I
don't talk much about the work, so...sorry about that. This next week, the day
after change meeting, we'll be having a three mission meeting with Elder Cook!
We are all pretty excited about that! I don't think he speaks Spanish,
so...don't know how that's going to work, but I'm excited!!!
Love you all! Next time I write, it'll be from Amatitlán!
Love,
Love,
Elder Hopper
No comments:
Post a Comment