I AM OFFICIALLY ELDER HOPPER NUMBER OOOOONE!!!!!!
YEEEEEEESSS!!!!!!!!!!!!
That is all.
That is all.
We had a good week this week! Let me start off with the
funny stories, then we'll get to the hair raising Elder-Hopper-almost-dies
ones.
Well, we taught a guy this week. He was a paraplegic. He
had an accident about...five years ago, and since then has been in a wheelchair
without use of his legs. Well, I have a line that I always say at the end of a
lesson to invite people to pray. I say, "Entonces, hermano, despues de
leer, usted se arrodillará y preguntará a Dios si lo que le hemos compartido es
cierto?" Well...for those of you who have brushed up on your Spanish...that's
pretty offensive to a guy who doesn't have use of his legs. I invite you to use
Google translator to figure it out, and laugh at my misfortune. I felt terrible
about it. But at least it's a good story, right?!
So, on Saturday night we had two baptismal interviews. After
the interviews, we were walking to go to work! We were walking down the main
intersection against traffic, when this motorcycle going about 25 layed it
right over in front of us. The motorcycle skidded to a stop like...ten feet in
front of us. If that doesn't get your adrenaline pumping, I don't know WHAT
will! Well, we ran mover to the guy, and wouldn't you know it...drunk as a
skunk. Like...REEEEALLY drunk. He had basically face planted and skidded on his
face for about 30 feet, completely RIPPING it up, he was bleeding all over the
place. But the good thing was that he was REALLY drunk, so he didn't feel
it. Well, the crowd that had then gathered and I dragged his bloody stinky drunk
body to the curb along with his motorcycle, and while I got someone to call the
police, he hopped right back onto his motorcycle! He's a bright one.
Thankfully, I had seen where his key was hanging off his motorcycle on a cord,
so I grabbed it. He didn't like that. So we had a tug of war over his keys.
Thankfully, the fifteen people or so that were around helped me grab it from
him. Well, my companion cannot see blood without basically tossing cookies,
so...he was off talking to some people around the accident, and these two girls
came up to him. I'm glad I've got an obedient companion, or we might have had
problems. Well, it turns out that basically the entire crowd that had gathered
thought that this drunk guy had been trying to rob the gringo! And that I beat
the living tar out of him! Well...thankfully, that wasn't the case...maybe some
other day.
One more drunk guy story, and we'll call it quits for this
week. We were knocking doors, when we knocked a door with a drunk guy sitting
right next to it. He was...a weirdo. He kept saying, "I'm a WITCH! When
you want that frog in your stomach, you come call me! Cuz I'm a WITCH!!!! I'll
get'im in there for you!" Somewhat roughly translated...it was a funny
one. Little less dramatic, but funny nonetheless.
| Foto de zona |
Next week we should be baptizing a family! Take THAT, Adam! You're home, but I'M BAPTIZING A FAMILY!!! :) Love you all, and I hope you have a wonderful week!!!!
Con DEMASIADO amor,
Elder Hopper NUMERO UNO!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment