OOOOOOOKAY. Now...before we start, I want you to go to
google weather. Go to that page, and look up Tiquisate, Guatemala. Then, I want
you to feel bad for me. While you are at home drinking your hot chocolate by
the fire cuz it's 25 degrees outside...just know...there are missionaries out
there suffering. What a blessing! It's quite a big change from my last area,
which was one of the coldest in the mission, with a nice breeze, having to
cover up at night in my blanket, loving my hot showers, to now, the hottest
area in the mission, sweating as I sleep with a fan blowing directly on me all
night, cold sholwers (That's one advantage...no more hanging shower death
trap!), and sweating through my poor, poor shirts as I sit and teach lessons.
It really is a completely different world here. The nice thing is that we live
in a house with four missionaries, one of the four of five houses in the entire
mission that is allowed to do that! It makes life a lot more interesting, and a
lot more fun!
The nice part about this area is that EVERYONE accepts us.
In Panajachel, a good week would be 35 lessons. Now, last week, with two days
where we basically didn't work at all, we had 58. It is pretty nuts. I'm going
to be breaking some records here.
Fun fact: This is my first area that has a stop light in it.
Sometimes, when we don't have anything better to do, or when we need contacts,
we sit at the stoplights and contact the families that stop there on
motorcycles! It is incredibly effective! Problem here, though, is that traffic
laws are only like...35% enforced. If someone doesn't want to stop...they
don't! Still makes life interesting, though.
Remember that whole thing when I almost got sent home for
the annoying the animal rights activists? Well...that story has now gotten
around the mission. On Wednesday at the change meeting, a missionary came
that I had never met before, and asked me how it was when M. Russell Ballard
called my parents to have me sent home from the mission! I was like..."Ummm...what
are you talking about?" Apparently the rumor in the mission now is that he
called my parents to get me sent home because of the picture I had posted!
Woops!
Well...that is all, my dearest friends. I hope you all have
a wonderful week!
Love,
Love,
Elder Hopper 2
No comments:
Post a Comment