
Well hello there! What a week I have had! We were blessed this week with
three baptisms! A family, and a lady from a part member family! It's the family
that every time we walk by their house their little girls run out and start
yelling, "Mormonis! Mormonis!" So that was a pretty awesome occasion!
It's always nice to see all the hard work pay off! I really think that this
family could be leaders in this ward! This ward REALLY lacks leaders, so
that'll be a good change of pace.


We got our changes this week, and surprise surprise...I'm staying here! But
I'll be getting a new comp, seeing as how Elder Pegram is going home. And what
do you do when your companion is going home?! Very simple! Burn all of his
clothes! So that's what we did last night! Bon fire on the roof! So today is
his last working day in the mission, and on Thursday he hops on a plane to
Texas! So tomorrow morning we are going to the change meeting, and I will be
getting my new companion, along with my PACKAGE! And my LETTERS! But I'm not
excited for those at all!

Happy fourth of July to everyone! Sorry I forgot to mention that last week!
Elder Pegram and I celebrated by doing...absolutely nothing! Well...in the
morning we sang America the Beautiful, but that about sums our festivities up.
I hope everyone had a fun and safe Fourth! In two years we will make the biggest
bonfire the Oregon coast has ever SEEN!
So this week for District meeting we did something really edifying...we played
Jenga! Because we can! I have some pretty great videos, but I can't send those
over email...so you'll haveto wait till I can get the card to you guys!
Pictures will have to suffice!

I've decided that fruit is a million times better here in Guatemala than at
home. Also a million times more varied! I found these gems when I was on
division in an area that borders mine. They're called Paternas. But they just
look like giant green beans! On the inside the similarities continue...the seed
pod typethings kinda look like giant peas, but they're covered by this white
fuzzy stuff that'sthe fruit! And it's delicious! I think before I leave I'm
going to make a video on my slowly dying camera of all the weird fruits, and
how to eat them! Cuz that's just fun!
Well...that's all I've got for this week! Hopefully next week I'll have
something more exciting for you guys...but for now we're just working our
little tails off!
I love you guys, and I hope everything is going well!
Love,
Elder Hopper 2
No comments:
Post a Comment