Tuesday, August 14, 2012

August 14, 2012

Gosh dangit. I just had a huge long letter written out on a different page and somehow it got deleted. Now I'm all annoyed. Times like these I wish Dad was here.

Well...I had a really great week! I'll tell you all about it but...rapidito now because I have no time!

We had Interviews with the President of the mission this week, and it was REALLY good. That man is INCREDIBLY inspired, and I'm really glad I'm in his mission.












We went to the zoo! I spent most of my time around the species that understands me...the monkeys! There is a sign that clearly states, "No alimente a los animales." Or...roughly translated, "Keep your filthy human food away from the monkeys, you stupid missionaries."   One of the monkeys picked out of Elder Tay's hand his mechanical pencil! We're worried about what they might do with it.

This week we were on Divisions, and I was with Elder Tays in my area. It was night time and we were headed back to the house. We were on a long, dark street with no lights that T's into a road with one light on the sidewalk on the other side of the t'd into street...read that four times so you can understand what I just said. But we were just walking along, chatting, having a good time, when all of a sudden this big white horse just walks underneath the light at the end of the street, and out of sight. It was just one of those things that you NEVER see in the states! It could have been in a movie! Maybe it wasn't so funny to anyone else, but to us it was HILARIOUS.

Got a missionary pay day today! About two weeks ago we found an inactive family of a mom, her daughter, and the daughter's three kids. The mom and the daughter are members, but the kids aren't...three free baptisms! Love it! But the mom was a little bit against coming to church, cuz she owns her own business and has to stay open on Sundays. We taught her two times, and she agreed to come. The Ward welcomed her with open arms. It was really cool to see. But today, on the way to the internet place, we walked by her store. She was inside reading her Book of Mormon! I loved it! It was so cool to see the change that just finding these people and teaching them a few times can make! I love being a missionary!

Gah I'm running out of time!

The NFL preseason started this week. Someone invited me to watch again. GET THEE HENCE, SATAN! Also...DWIGHT HOWARD GOT TRADED TO THE LAKERS?!?!?! Cruuuuuuud.

I was teaching a lesson to two of our recent converts, when someone came running out of a room just bawling her head off. The two girls we were teaching ran into the room and just started crying too! Apparently their grandma had been sick for a while, and had just died! Right then! While we were there! Apparently according to Catholic tradition (Which EVERYONE follows here, Catholic or not) you have to cry really hard when someone dies. At least that's what somone told me. Maybe I'm wrong. So I was in a room full of bawling people, and they asked me to give her a blessing. Long story short, I gave a blessing to a dead person this week.
 
This picture is of me and a kid in my ward who is going on his mission to Colombia tomorrow! Me, Elder Tays, Alejandro Orozco, Elder Watts, Elder Loo. Sorry it's all fuzzy...my camera is on it's way out.

Gotta go now! Love you all!
Love,



Elder Hopper 2

No comments:

Post a Comment