Saturday, April 14, 2012

April 14, 2012

Well hello there familia! How are you all?! I am fantastic! I only have THREE MORE DAYS here! But I'm not excited. It is going to be so awesome to get out of the drama of the MTC and get into the drama of the real world!

Some pretty fun things happened this week...we had our in field training yesterday. It's all drawing to a close! We don't have any more regular classes, either. It's all exit interviews, packing, church, "You should learn english" firesides (directed to all the Latinos, but we go too) and then we leave! I'M SO EXCITED!!!

Fun news: for the first time I was referred to as "fluent" in spanish this week! I felt pretty good about myself! I still think I'm far from, but I feel pretty confident talking to native speakers...and they say that I speak really fast...which I always thought I spoke really slow...but I guess I speak pretty quick in English, too...so I guess that translates! HA!

Yesterday while we were having our in field orientation we were being taught by a guy who doesn't speak English that well...well...he does, but he still gets confused sometimes. He was talking about the best method of baptizing people, and he said, "You can't  baptize someone if you don't wet yourSELF first." It was SO funny! The point he was trying to get across was that you have to practice what you preach before you try and change someone else's life, and we were looking at the cover of Preach my Gospel with the picture of Christ and John the Baptist, where both their clothes are wet. But we tried our hardest not to laugh, but it just came out! He was so confused!

Anyways...that's my funny story for the week. We were also talking about how to work with the members, and the teacher said something that I though was pretty interesting. He said that the members have the responsibility to find, we should just be teaching. So...I want you guys to give referals to the Missionaries! Are you still having them over for dinner every month?! What a better time to give them referals than right then?! Huh?! What do you think? I think that you can do it! Whether it's one of Lainey's friends, or someone from work...do it!

Anyways...other than that all is well! We went contacting again this week, but this time it was just Eler Earl and I...we contacted something like 8 people and gave out 4 BoMs. It was good to get out and do some real work! I CAN'T WAIT TO LEAVE!!!! I met my mission president this week too. All the mission presidents from all of Central America south of Mexico came to the CCM this week, did a session in the temple, and had a conference. Just so happens that our sessions as North Americans was right before the one the the mission Presidents had! So I met my mission president in the changing room of the temple! What a better place than that, huh?!

Well I'm all out of time...for some reason I wrote down that you guys should go look up Alma 17:13...I'm not exactly sure what significance it has since I don't have my scriptures with me and I totally forgot! But go look it up! I bet it's an awesome scripture!

Love you guys a ton! Keep being awesome!

Much love,
Elder Hopper #2

No comments:

Post a Comment