Tuesday, August 20, 2013

August 20, 2013

HEEEEELLLOOOOOO FAMILY!!

Well...it's been a good week! We had a lady who wanted to get baptized who didn't get baptized, which was a bummer, but...she's totally going to this next week, which I'm really excited about! Then, the best part is that last week she brought her sister to church, and she LOVED what she saw! Double baptism? I think that yes.

So, last week we were headed to a little pueblo in my area. In order to get there, we need to take a pick up truck. Well, this one went rather full, so I was off the back, standing on the bumper. We were about ten minutes into the ride, when this little kid that was sitting right in front of me got sick. Just turned and puked aaaaaalll up and down my leg. It was the coolest thing ever. I felt bad for the little kid, though. And poor mom was trying to clean everything up, including taking some toilet paper to my leg...that was...awkward, but I appreciated the intent. But the worst part was the rest of the ride. Did you know that vomit is very slippery? Cuz it is! Then, on a metal bumper...I was holding on for dear life! But everything ended well, thankfully. 



We were knocking last week, and a Guatemalan legend finally came to pass, something that I had never seen before! We knocked a door, and it is very normal here for people to send their kids to answer to door when they don't want to, so this little two or three year old came out, and asked us what we wanted. We told her to go call mom. She went, and came back and said these words exactly, "My mom says that she's not here." I had always heard of little kids saying that, but I has never actually heard it myself. Dream come true.

So, these last few weeks we've been focusing a TON on the Book of Mormon. I just have to say...I LOVE THAT BOOK. We are using it a lot in our first lessons that we have, and it has completely changed the tone of our lessons! Something that one of our sisters said in a zone training recently (Hermana Brown shout out.) is that if we use the Bible too much, we are trying to CONVINCE the people, but if we use the BoM, we are truly trying to convert them. When she said that, the Spirit yelled at me a little bit. I hadn't been using the BoM almost at all! So...I've repented, and changed my ways, and it has COMPLETELY changed how I teach! So, I invite you all to have a better study of the Book of Mormon! If you don't study it, DO IT!!! It's a great book! 

Ok...outta time! Love you all a ton! I hope you have a wonderful week!
Love,

Elder Hopper 2

No comments:

Post a Comment