Monday, December 10, 2012

December 10, 2012


Hello family!!!
Well, I'm a little early this week, which means a practically empty inbox, but...that's ok!!! Next week I get a whole boatload of emails, right?! RIIIIIIGHT?????? But...the reasoning behind being a little early this week is that we have an activity on Wednesday all day long!! We have to meet our zone at 3:45 in the morning to go to the temple!!! I'm going to do my very very best not to sleep through the entire session, but I am MORE than excited! I have been wanting to go the temple for the past few months, and now my dreams will come true! On Wednesday!!! Other than that, looks like we're going to be going to give some service at a school down here, and eating some REALLY good food, and just hanging out with other missionaries! I'm always happy when we get to hang out with other missionaries, and it doesn't happen too often, so...I'm a happy camper this week!!!
Other than that, we've had a pretty normal week! I had the chance to do divisions with Elder Haertel (You'll remember him as the dork with the white shirt and tie, shorts, and basketball) and we had a big ole ball of fun! I like the way that he teaches, even if it is a little bit awkward...but he uses a lot of scriptures, and I have been working on being able to do that! So...it was a good example of how to teach. Along with learning how to teach, we had a lot of fun.
 
 
 In the house a few weeks ago, they found a treasure. Elder Pegram, if you're reading this, please ask Elder Pearson if he recognizes what it is that I am holding in my hand....he left it here in Sonora 2. It brought many smiles to our faces. July kinda creeped us out, but...we got a good kick out of it. For everyone else who is reading this and currently confused, Elder Pearson went home about...4 months ago? Something like that...and his last area was the area that I did divisions in! What I am holding in my hands is the, "Pearson family calendar" which he left here in the area.

 
 
 
 
This next week we are going to have a wedding and two baptisms! It is with that family of two really old people, and they are very excited about it, when they can remember it. I'm thoroughly excited about those pictures at the baptism...they should be fun ones. But...to celebrate the occasion, the family will be holding a lunch! They decided they want turkey for it (Which is either wajolote or champipi in spanish, depending where you're at...either way it's an awesome word.), so the went and bought the turkey! I know what you're thinking right now...it's a big fat ball of meat that they're going to stash in the freezer. You're all sorts of wrong. They went out and bought a gobbling turkey. It's nice and round. Aaaaaand the best part is that they told me I could kill it!!! HAHA!!! Am I excited?! You bet I am!!! TURKEY FOR DINNER!!!

We got donuts this week from a member. That's all the explanation you're gonna get for this one.



I woke up one day and just felt like superman after my shower. Not sure why, but I decided to take this picture. As such, you get it. Felicidades.

 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
When I was on divisions in the morning I was going to take a shower. They have been having electrical problems in their house, so...I was a bit nervous about the floating shower death trap. I hopped in, turned the shower on, and it immediately started to shake. My nerves were justified. It just sat there shaking for about thirty seconds as I eyed it nervously, asking Elder Haertel if this was normal. He assured me that everything was alright, and that I needed to hurry up cuz we were already late. So...timidly, I stepped into the shower. BIG mistake. The water was SCALDING hot. You kinda have to play with the flow of water to get it right, so i didn't think too much of it, that is until it EXPLODED AGAIN!!! THESE THINGS ARE OUT TO GET ME!!! It wasn't quite as dramatic as the last time, but this time there was a LOT more smoke. It started pouring out smoke, and never in the history of mankind has someone evacuated a shower like I did. I was OUT of there! We flipped the circuit breaker, and I went back in to turn the water off. Turns out the electricity, once again, burned the heater thing to bits. I swear...if the problem with these things doesn't come to me, I go to it! IT EXPLODED!!! But...at least it's not in my house! They get the cold showers now! Ha!! Poor guys.

IT EXPLODED.

So...I told you all about how cool the burn of the devil was gonna be. Sorry, but I was incredibly disappointed as well. Just a few fireworks here and there, and a few people had a fire. I was thoroughly expecting pandomonium and riots in the street, but it was just a fun family party. I've got high hopes for Christmas, though...apparently there are a ton of fire works on that day! We'll see if it comes through for me! 

Well...I love you all a ton!!! I hope the Christmas season is treating everyone well, and everyone is getting a ton of time in together as a family, cuz that's really the important part!

Love,

Elder Hopper

IT EXPLODED!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment